Thursday, August 8, 2013

Shopping vegan.

Can I eat that?
What about that?
That has no meat, but cheese... Wait is it fake cheese? 
No it's real.
Hey! I can have this.
1 thing in my cart after 15 minutes looking at frozen dinners.

I think the most hardest part of shopping is the temptations of the product you use to get. I walked by the meat and just had a craving for a steak. But I looked at it, had the images of a poor baby cow and walked away. It still sucks my local stores don't have a lot of vegan or meat-free food. I usually just shop for fresh fruits and veggies, but tonight I had the craving for some tofo hot dogs. I went to the closest store, because the fair people are crazy right now to go to my usual store. They didn't have it, so I went to the frozen area. Man, I was so backwards there. 
On my way home, I stopped by McDonald's to get a sweet tea, because I am addicted. Well, I was standing behind a pregnant lady with a "I <3 Animals" shirt on. I told her I loved her shirt and she said thanks. I stood there talking to her even after getting my cup. We started talking about being vegan for some odd reason, in a McDonald's! She told me about a couple places near my house that actually have more vegan food than the place I went to miles away. 
She was amazing. So I ended up stopping by before they closed, and walked around just looking. The same lady walks in and smiles when she see me. I just think she is there picking a few things up. Turns out she was the manager. I am a sold costumer. She is an amazing women and gave me tips. I even got a free magazine, even though it's a vegetarian one. I feel blessed. I am so happy I stood behind her and started talking.
If she can do it while pregnant, I can do it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment