Thursday, August 8, 2013

Nutrition Must-Haves:

EVERYONE; I MEAN EVERYONE: Ask me where do I get my nutrition's that are found in meat if I don't eat meat..
Good question young one. I have my key elements in my diet to help me where I need it.

Fats: I get my fats from whole foods, such as nuts, seeds, nut butters, and avocados (ewh). I also pay very close attention to foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as flax seeds, hemp seeds, and walnuts. Other sources I get my fats from is plant-based mayo and margarine.

Vitamin D: I said in my other post that I tried drinking Soy Milk (ewh). But it is key to make sure your bones are healthy. Vitamin D helps even protect you against many illnesses, from cancer to autoimmune diseases. I never tried Silk Milk, but I was told it's better than Soy. I might have to try it and give my opinion.

Vitamin B12: It finds its way into animal foods, this bacteria-borne vitamin (yes you just read that right) doesn't get into plants. So it's very important you get it. You can get it from lots of foods, such as non-dairy milks like silk or soy, many cereals, and nutritional yeast. I bought b12 supplements from Wal-Mart and I take them every day. It works for me.

Now I already knew a little bit of this, but I got all my information from http://www.chooseveg.com/foodplate if you need help in finding out what you wanna do, check them out. They have tons of helpful hints.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment